Re: New: m files for statistics

From: Huaiyu Zhu
Subject: Re: New: m files for statistics
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:24:52 -0800 (PST)

>   Huaiyu> http://gauss.mathstat.uidaho.edu/~hzhu/mfiles/index1.html
>
> Are you aware of the octave-ci package by Kurt Hornik et al:
>
>       ftp://ftp.ci.tuwien.ac.at/pub/octave/octave-ci.tar.gz

No I was not aware of this.  I asked yesterday but was not informed of
this.  So I thought, why not just put together my existing examples?
I guess this only points to the need for a central repository so
that work will not be duplicated.

That package looks quite impressive.  How compatible is it with matlab?
For teaching purposes I need things that are simple and work on both
platforms.  My programs may still have value in their simplicity.

> Among the almost 200 functions are cdf, pdf, inverse and random variates for
> several of the common distributions. Recently, a good chunk of these have
> been added to Octave itself:
>
> address@hidden:~> ls /usr/share/octave/2.0.13.96/m/statistics/distributions/

What is this version with .96?  Does octave follow the rule of using
2.0.x for stable version and 2.1.x for devel version?  Maybe there should
be a web page explaining the availability of all octave related material.

Huaiyu