Re: FW: Re: speeding up Octave development (fwd)

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: FW: Re: speeding up Octave development (fwd)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 17:48:16 -0600 (CST)

On  8-Mar-1999, Huaiyu Zhu <address@hidden> wrote:

| I'd be interested in contributing to octave stats-related m-files.  Is
| there a list of such files?  Is there a wishlist for such files?

You can look in the latest test release to see what is currently
distrbiuted with Octave.

The wish list would be `whatever is useful but not already included'.

Compatibility with Matlab is nice to have, but not essential,
particularly if there is a better way of expressing the solution to a
given problem.  Gratuitous incompatibility is generally frowned upon
though, as you may gather from reading the Octave mailing lists.

jwe