Re: gnuplot problem

From: Thomas Hoffmann
Subject: Re: gnuplot problem
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 09:34:25 +0100 (MET)

> How can I plot texts on the x- and/or y-axis? For example the x-axis is
> "Jan" "Feb", .... and the y-axis is the production output?

You should look for documentation of gnuplot, Octave's plotting frontend.

To assign texts to tics at an axis you can use the xtics/ytics command, e.g.

gset xtics ("Jan" 1)

whichs sets at your x axis one label (Jan) at x=1.
This way you can do all the labeling manually.

If you want to use time tics, look for "(g)set {x,y,z}data time" and
"(g)set timefmt".

Thomas.