gnuplot problem

From: Jason Curry
Subject: gnuplot problem
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 15:57:27 -0500

I'm a newbie to Octave, but I was unable to find information about this
problem in the archives.

Whenever I use the plot command in an m-file, gnuplot will display the
correct plot for an instant and then immediately close.  I can only catch
a glimpse of what was plotted.  I'm familiar with the "hold on" command
but this doesn't do anything to keep gnuplot open.

Here is the gnuplot info:
G N U P L O T
Linux version 3.5 (pre 3.6)
patchlevel beta 347
last modified Mon Jun 22 13:22:33 BST 1998

gnuplot recognizes terminal type 'x11' and I'm using Octave 2.0.13 compiled
from source with no noticeable problems.  I'm using the KDE desktop if
this is relevant.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Jason

--
Jason Curry
Electrical Engineering and Applied Physics