Re: DLD tutorial and octave-plplot for Debian

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: DLD tutorial and octave-plplot for Debian
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:00:02 +0100 (MET)

    JG>         Secondly, and maybe this is not the best place to ask,
    JG> but someone might know something about it. In Debian for i386,
    JG> theere is an octave-plplot package which promises nicer graphics
    JG> than good ol' gnuplot :D. However, the packages seems to be
    JG> damaged, and the sources I downloaded from somewhere (as the
    JG> case usually is) won't compile... The problem is that the
    JG> package asks for a plplot version which isn't available,
    JG> something like 4.99j5, when only the 4.99j4 is available. Any
    JG> ideas?

I am the person to blame, as I am the maintainer of the plplot-* and
octave-plplot packages for Debian.  I screwed things up during the last
upload to the Debian's Incoming FTP site.  I solved already the problem
(at least I hope so), and the new release of the plplot packages should
appear soon at the FTP mirrors.

N.B.: Next time you ask questions specifically about Debian, you might
consider sending them to either address@hidden or
address@hidden (the second one is not for user
related questions, but is more guaranteed to reach the relevant
people).

Regards,

--
Rafael Laboissiere