gnuplot direct drive

From: johan19
Subject: gnuplot direct drive
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:35:01 -0400

On Thu, Jun 04, 1998 at 08:51:53AM -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  4-Jun-1998, Daniel Heiserer <address@hidden> wrote:
> | 2) How can I talk to gnuplot. I know gset, gplot, replot. Can I pipe all
> | the over commands as well?
> | e.g. "save" and whatever?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.  Can you give an
> example of exactly what you want to do?

in octave,

        # gset xxxxx

sends xxxxx as an arg to set on the gnuplot command line, i.e., `set
xxxxx' is sent to gnuplot.  similarly gplot drives plot.  the problem
is that many gnuplot commands do not begin with `set'.  replot is one,
but there a special for that.

how would i tell gnuplot to, e.g., `reset' while in octave?  perhaps
it would be useful to have a `graw' function to directly pass strings
to gnuplot without any prepending of set.

--
Johan Kullstam address@hidden