octaverc directory initialization and plot

From: Lance McBride
Subject: octaverc directory initialization and plot
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 11:15:07 -0700

I've set up my initialization file to start up in a data directory, so I can
run project files, and for some reason, the plot command will not work (the
command is issued but no plot window appears).  If I issue a replot command,
the window shows up, but no data appears in the plot window.

For reference, octave is installed in:
c:\octave (i.e. standard installation)

Here are the desired contents of my octaverc file:
gnuplot_binary = "gnuplot -stdin"
cd //d/documents/octave

Here are the contents of the project file (test.m), located in the directory
d:\documents\octave, that I used to test the functonality:
t=0:.05:10;
y=sin(t);
plot(t,y);

This is totally related to the cd command when switching to another
partition.  It fails if I use the same cd command in the initialization
file, and it fails if I type it in manually at the octave command prompt.

If I copy test.m to c:\octave\bin\documents\octave and change "cd
//d/documents/octave" to "documents/octave", test.m works fine.  This is a
fair problem, since our network backup only backs up my d: partition.

Thanks for the help.
--
Lance McBride
Electrical Engineer