Re: Segmentation fault

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 12:10:14 -0500

On  8-Apr-1997, Juan I. Arribas <address@hidden> wrote:

| My octave is version 1.1.1 (binary distribution) on a 2.0.0 Linux
| Kernel.

Now we are getting somewhere.  Octave 1.1.1 is ancient.  You should
get a copy of version 2.0.5.  Source and binaries are available from
ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave.

Also, if Octave crashes, for any reason at all, it is a bug.  You
should report it to address@hidden  Please read the
chapter in the Octave manual about reporting bugs to find out what
information you need to include so that the bug can be fixed.

Thanks,

jwe