Search path for .m files:help

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Search path for .m files:help
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 17:59:35 -0500

On  4-Apr-1997, Antonio Capobianco <address@hidden> wrote:

| I am using octave 2.05 for OS/2.
| The problem I have is the following:
| If I start octave from my working directory and give the command:
| test.m, the m-file is not found; I have to put it in some subdir.
| of scripts directory.
| There is the way to tell octave to search also in the present working
| directory ?

Octave should search the current directory by default.  If you set
LOADPATH to

  ~/octave//:

it will search your ~/octave directory (and all the subdirectories it
contains) followed by the default path (which includes the current
directory).  However, if you omit the trailing colon, it will only
search in the ~/octave directory tree.

See the documentation for the LOADPATH variable for more information.

jwe