Octave info

From: Billy Chow
Subject: Octave info
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 95 18:12:06 BST

I read with interest about Octave in Linux-Software-Map, the Jan95
version.  Since the description there is very brief, I would like some
more info before actually install it on my Linux machine.  My
questions are:

1.  what is the latest version of Octave?
2.  what is the primary mirror site in Eroupe?
3.  How much effort is needed to convert Matlab .m files to run under
    Octave?
4.  Is there an FAQ/usenet newsgroup for Octave?

I would be grateful if you could help me with the above questions or
point me to somewhere else.

/Billy