Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: nikhil jain
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 08:59:19 +0530

Thanks Paul, I will utilize the die() function! I already changed make to
be distributed. Thanks to the remote-stub.c (stub). I filled it in with my
logic of distributing the compiles across machines. Working fine since
couple of years! :)

Kaz, Yes you are right.

Unfortunately, as per the requirement I need to print the status of make
through make only not by any wrapper calling make. Users usually dont use
wrappers and run make on command line. They are not aware of echo $? or
something like that to get the status. So, It would be useful If I just
print it for them on the stdout!

Thanks guys for quick input. You dont know how much it will help me.