Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2

From: nikhil jain
Subject: Re: GMAKE 3.81 vs GMAKE 4.2
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 23:37:16 +0530

Thanks Paul and Brian.
I understand Now it's not possible to find out if it was an incremental
build or a full build.

What about the second question ?

Before exiting make, I want to display the status of the build if it failed
or passed.. how do I do that ?
Does make store the exit code somewhere.

Re-Iterating - I want to display the status of the build before make exits.
I do not want the shell which called make to fetch the status. This is a
requirement in which I need to tell the user that your build was completed
successfully or had issues.
Please provide some ideas on this.

thanks
Nikhil