Re: Cross compiling without ./configure

From: Nicholas Mc Guire
Subject: Re: Cross compiling without ./configure
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:13:10 +0100

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010, Alberto Luaces wrote:

> mahmoodn writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > My host platform is ubuntu x86 and I have the source code of a benchmark and
> > want to compile for a solaris target. The source code however does not
> > contain any "configure" file. In the solaris I run "uname -a" and get this
> > result:
> >
> > SunOS Abisko 5.9 Generic_118558-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire
> >
> > How can I tell the makefile in the host machine to compile t code for the
> > target machine? Thanks,
>
> Hi, you need the Solaris cross-compiler. Then, you have to make sure
> that it is called from the makefile. It is very common that the name of
> the compiler is stored in a varaiable like CC or CXX for the C and C++
> compiler. If it is the case, you can simply execute
>
> CC="your_Solaris_C_compiler" CXX="your_Solaris_C++_compiler" make

if the source tree is not too large I guess it would be simpler to set up
automake/autoconf based on the output of autoscan and then move it to Solaris
Gererally deriving the initial Makefile.am from an existing Makefile is not
much work, provided the overall source tree is not too large (notably deep)

hofrat