Re: Confusion over documentation wording, variable usage, and scope

From: Garrett Cooper
Subject: Re: Confusion over documentation wording, variable usage, and scope
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 15:28:50 -0700

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Garrett Cooper <address@hidden> wrote:
Yes, which I understand. What I can't see is another way around solving this issue though with pattern rules (I'm aiming for the former, not the latter)... I am hoping (crosses fingers) that a recursive include will solve a lot of the complexity and make things more understandable / manageable.

I'll snip out the sections of code and apply them simply to help illustrate what I need.

-Garrett

When I meant former vs latter, I meant "Using $(eval ) to simply ... Good Thing" vs "Using it to perpetuate ... Bad Thing".

Thanks,
-Garrett

I give up. This is just getting too complicated and costing me too much time to pursue, so I'll have to toss in a few manual steps.
Arg.
-Garrett