Make dependency option??

From: Geraldin Arthy
Subject: Make dependency option??
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:22:07 +0530

Hello,

Is there an option in make to check dependency for header files.
The problem we are facing right now is when we give a make it just checks the dependencies for the cpp or c files whereas it does not check the dependencies for the header files.However a make should be having the option to check the depencencies for cpp files as well as header files before it compiles.Because of this when a header file is changed the make does not rebuild the associated cpp file again.But when a cpp file is changed it rebuilds it.

Is there any make compiler option for checking dependency before it compiles the code.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
GA