set a variable with existance of a file?

From: William Deegan
Subject: set a variable with existance of a file?
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:33:30 -0700

Greetings,

I want to set a make variable with the existance of a file?
I have a Make variable SRC which points to the base of my source tree.
I want to see if a file $(SRC)/new_gcc exists
If it exists I would like to set a variable with a different value.

if no new_gcc
CC = path to gcc 323
else
CC = path to gcc 411
endif

Is the desired functionality.

Any sugguestions on how to do this?

Thanks,
Bill

Stay connected with the news, people, places and online services that matter to you on Live.com Try it!