recursive execution of make

From: sharan basappa
Subject: recursive execution of make
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:26:07 +0000

Hi,

I would like to have a main make file under a particular directory. Every time this make is invoked make should be run under the subdirectories that exist under this make. To this end I tried
out the following

1)
all : one two

one two :
TAB $(MAKE) --directory-$@

2)
all : one two

one :
TAB $(MAKE) --directory-$@

two :
TAB $(MAKE) --directory-$@

3)

all : one two

one :
TAB $(MAKE) -C one

two :
TAB $(MAKE) -C two

But none of these seem to work for me.
Where am I going wrong.

Second part of my question is if there is a elegant way of
automatically taking all subdirectories that exist under the current directory. As you can see I am manually listing the directories where make has to be run ..

Live the life in style with MSN Lifestyle. Check out! http://content.msn.co.in/Lifestyle/Default