Re: gnu make and windows path

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gnu make and windows path
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:38:43 -0400

%% Jim <address@hidden> writes:

  j> Here is what I have found ... It doesn't look like cygwin ... if
  j> you think I should try 'address@hidden' after seeing this just
  j> let me know

  j> C:\Documents and Settings\jgdon>make --version

  j> GNU Make version 3.74 (vpath+)

Whoa.

Now _that's_ some old software!  That's over 10 years old.  The current
latest release of GNU make is 3.81.  This was about the first version
ever ported to Windows, IIRC.

I don't know whether you will get any useful info from make-w32 or not.
There's almost certainly no one there using a version that old, but
perhaps the problem you're having is generic to Windows regardless of
the version of GNU make you're using.

So, although I wouldn't get my hopes up, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.