Re: help segmentation fault make

From: Brendan Heading
Subject: Re: help segmentation fault make
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:43:36 +0000

Paul D. Smith wrote:
%% "Jesús Velazquez" <address@hidden> writes:

  jv> What are the possibilities than 'make' does a segmentation fault.
  jv> Checking the resources of the computer, it nevers ran out
  jv> memory. What can i do?, How can I debug this error?

This error is not make doing a segmentation fault.  It's the program
that make invoked (the compiler in this case) doing the segmentation
fault.  Make is just reporting the error.

You'll need to contact a group about GCC, I expect.

I learned two things from this thread :

1. Even Jesus has segmentation faults
2. There are no divine exceptions to the on-topic posting requirement :)

I'll get my coat ..

Regards

Brendan