help segmentation fault make

From: Jesús Velazquez
Subject: help segmentation fault make
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 12:27:46 -0600

Hi guys:

I've doing some test runnning several times the 'make clean'' and
''make -j 3 bzimage'' commands compiling a linux-2.6.14.2 kernel. I
got the following error after the third time I ran the 'make bzimage'
command. The machine is a Xeon dual core processor.

  CC      drivers/net/3c501.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/3c503.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/3c505.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/3c507.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/3c509.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/3c515.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/pcmcia/3c574_cs.mod.o
  CC      drivers/net/pcmcia/3c589_cs.mod.o
make[1]: *** [drivers/net/3c59x.mod.o] Segmentation fault
make: *** [modules] Error 2

The first and second time, the compilation was succesfull but in the
third one I got this error.

What are the possibilities than 'make' does a segmentation fault.
Checking the resources of the computer, it nevers ran out memory. What
can i do?, How can I debug this error?

Thank you very much!

Jesus