Uninstall make

From: Danie Van der Laan
Subject: Uninstall make
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:16:02 +0200

Hi All

I need to uninstall make urgently from my Unix system.

I'm trying the following command as per the INSTALL file.

$ make distclean

but I get the following responce:

/bin/sh: invalid option -- c

Usage: sh [options] [target] ...

-b, -m Ignored for compatibility.

-C DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY

Change to DIRECTORY before doing anything.

-d Print lots of debugging information.

--debug[=FLAGS] Print various types of debugging information.

-e, --environment-overrides

Environment variables override makefiles.

-f FILE, --file=FILE, --makefile=FILE

Read FILE as a makefile.

-h, --help Print this message and exit.

-i, --ignore-errors Ignore errors from commands.

-I DIRECTORY, --include-dir=DIRECTORY

Search DIRECTORY for included makefiles.

-j [N], --jobs[=N] Allow N jobs at once; infinite jobs with no arg.

-k, --keep-going Keep going when some targets can't be made.

-l [N], --load-average[=N], --max-load[=N]

Don't start multiple jobs unless load is below N.

-n, --just-print, --dry-run, --recon

Don't actually run any commands; just print them.

-o FILE, --old-file=FILE, --assume-old=FILE

Consider FILE to be very old and don't remake it.

-p, --print-data-base Print make's internal database.

-q, --question Run no commands; exit status says if up to date.

-r, --no-builtin-rules Disable the built-in implicit rules.

-R, --no-builtin-variables Disable the built-in variable settings.

-s, --silent, --quiet Don't echo commands.

-S, --no-keep-going, --stop

Turns off -k.

-t, --touch Touch targets instead of remaking them.

-v, --version Print the version number of make and exit.

-w, --print-directory Print the current directory.

--no-print-directory Turn off -w, even if it was turned on implicitly.

-W FILE, --what-if=FILE, --new-file=FILE, --assume-new=FILE

Consider FILE to be infinitely new.

--warn-undefined-variables Warn when an undefined variable is referenced.

Report bugs to <address@hidden>.

make: *** [distclean-recursive] Error 2

Could anybody please help.

Regards