help-libidn

Re: libidn2 build requires network + wget

From: Tim Ruehsen
Subject: Re: libidn2 build requires network + wget
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 10:31:49 +0100

On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 9:08:50 AM CET Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Tim Ruehsen <address@hidden> writes:
> > On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:43:36 PM CET Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >> Hi Tim. There is a separate git repo for libidn2's debian packaging, I
> >> prefer it that way. There are hundreds of linux distributions and it
> >> doesn't scale to support them all in upstream git repo.
> >
> > Hi Simon.
> >
> > That's fine for me - but as long as I don't have access to that repo, I
> > have to work in my own copy of your Gitlab repo. Maybe you can give me
> > some infos about that Debian repo so at least I could stay in sync. I
> > have an Alioth guest account if that helps (rockdaboot-guest).
>
> The Debian packaging for libidn and libidn2 are in "collab-maint":
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/projects/collab-maint/
> https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject
>
> I will send the email to give you access.
>
> >> We can't download anything during build, that has to be changed.
> >> Debian policies forbids that, and it is generally a bad idea. We can
> >> include>
> > the files if the licenses permit.
> >
> > Got it, will work on a solution this afternoon and let you know.
> >
> >> If we include the file, doing the checksum is less important.
> >
> > Meanwhile, I pushed a checksum solution to my repo (gitlab.com/rockdaboot)
> > - you are currently working on your repo, so maybe it is better if you
> > merge/ cherry-pick commits from me.
>
> You should have commit access to the gitlab libidn2 repository!
>
> https://gitlab.com/jas/libidn2
>
> Feel free to push directly to master.

Thanks... while I could push to new branches a few days ago, I now get

$ git push -f jas
Counting objects: 27, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (27/27), done.
Writing objects: 100% (27/27), 294.36 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 27 (delta 16), reused 2 (delta 0)
remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to push code to protected branches on this
project.
To gitlab.com:jas/libidn2.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'address@hidden:jas/libidn2.git'

You could merge my changes:

git checkout master
git remote add rockdaboot  https://gitlab.com/rockdaboot/libidn2