Re: eth0 not detected?

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: eth0 not detected?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:23:24 +0200

   I had to use the "DHCP workaround" to get resolv.conf, but it's in.

I'm assuming that by this you mean running dhclient in GNU/Linux,
snatching the IP numbers etc, and rebooting.

   I'm not sure what else I should test to see where the problem is
   (networking is NOT my specialty!).

It could be that the lease timeout is very short, or similar.  DHCP
under GNU/Hurd isn't exactly supported well...  If you are dual
booting you can always setup a hack that allows you to download
packages in Debian GNU/Linux, and then rebooting to install them in
Debian GNU/Hurd.  This is what I did for a very long time when I
didn't have a NIC that was supported (or easily hackable).