Re: eth0 not detected?

From: blythe2
Subject: Re: eth0 not detected?
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

>    OK, the card is a Linksys Etherfast 10/100 LAN Card Model LNE100TX
> Version 5.
>
> Goodie, try the following kernel (if you just want fiddle for
> yourself, apply the patch in patches/ and compile it yourself):
>
> www.update.uu.se/~ams/home/src/gnumach--gnumach-1-branch.obj/gnumach
>
> I compiled it just for you, with my super-duper-extra-hot-and-tasty NIC
> patch that adds support for that card.  If it doesn't work, could you
> dig up the chip number and stuff?  Or just whatever Linux prints when
> booting...  Then we can see if we can get it going on GNU/Hurd.
>
> [Damn it, I gotta implement --enable-all-drivers or some such...]
>
> { "Linksys LNE100TX (82c168 PNIC)",                           /*  w/SYM */
>   { 0x000211AD, 0xffffffff, 0xffff11ad, 0xffffffff, 17,0xff },
>   TULIP_IOTYPE, 256, LC82C168 },
> { "Linksys LNE100TX (82c169 PNIC)",                           /* w/ MII */
>   { 0x000211AD, 0xffffffff, 0xf00311ad, 0xffffffff, 32,0xff },
>   TULIP_IOTYPE, 256, LC82C168 },

Wow, thanks for the personal help!  I wouldn't know the first thing about
compiling a patch to the kernel (well, maybe the first thing or two, but
defeintly not enough to try it out right now) so I think I'll go with the
revised kernel.  Unfortuanatly the site you provided doesn't have the file
gnumach (.gz, I assume?).  I'll poke around your directories, but I don't
see it offhand.