Re: booting from usb

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: booting from usb
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 03:18:53 +0000

>> I'm trying to boot GUIX. I've copied GUIX on to my usb, but I have not been
>> able to boot it sucessfully. According to the instructions I need to access
>> the BIOS to do this. I've read that is done by pressing one of the F keys
>> on startup. However, my laptop has been librebooted so I don't think this
>> is possible.
>>
>> For arch, at least, all I had to do was copy arch to my usb and use the
>> grub prompt to boot from the usb. It seemed to me that it should be the
>> same for GUIX but when I try this I'm just taken back to the initial prompt
>> that asks me what I want to boot from.
>>
>> I'd really appreciate any troubleshooting help.

Hello!

First, make sure you have copied guix installer using proper methods like "dd",
as mentioned in guix manual.

Second, on reboot, as soon as you see the Libreboot Graphic Art, press arrow
keys to
change the menu entry. Then choose “Search for GRUB2 configuration on external
media [s]” and wait for the
Guix System from USB drive to load.

Regards,
RG.