Having a problem invoking curl only when using guix pull

From: Brian Woodcox
Subject: Having a problem invoking curl only when using guix pull
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 16:23:07 -0600

Hi,

I’m having problems with a piece of code.

;; Retrieve git commit date
(define get-commit-date (lambda _
  (let* ((out (open-input-pipe (format #f "curl --silent '~a'" %api-url)))
         (str (get-string-all out))
         (queryResults (json-string->scm str))
         (date (cdr (hash-get-handle (cdr (hash-get-handle (cdr
(hash-get-handle queryResults "commit")) "author")) "date"))))
         (display "Contacting github for commit date...\n")
         (close-pipe out)
         date)))

This code sits above my package code and I use it to dynamically populate my
some values when building my package.

Everything works great and I can install the package locally without any
problems.

My issue occurs if I try to issue a guix pull to bring this in through a
separate channel.

When I do that I always get /gnu/store/…-bash-minimal-4.4.23/bin/bash: curl:
command not found.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.