booting from usb

From: Perez, Luis
Subject: booting from usb
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 14:01:28 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to boot GUIX. I've copied GUIX on to my usb, but I have not been
able to boot it sucessfully. According to the instructions I need to access
the BIOS to do this. I've read that is done by pressing one of the F keys
on startup. However, my laptop has been librebooted so I don't think this
is possible.

For arch, at least, all I had to do was copy arch to my usb and use the
grub prompt to boot from the usb. It seemed to me that it should be the
same for GUIX but when I try this I'm just taken back to the initial prompt
that asks me what I want to boot from.

I'd really appreciate any troubleshooting help.