Re: boot error: zfs + luks + grub

From: James
Subject: Re: boot error: zfs + luks + grub
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 23:17:12 -0400

As an aside, if I manually attempt to unlock one of the ahciX devices it
fails with this error:

grub rescue>
grub rescue> cryptomount ahci5
alloc magic is broken at 0x3ff8e30: 5016608
Aborted. Press any key to exit.FATAL: INT18: BOOT FAILURE

I suspect this is because I no longer have a separate boot partition and
/boot lives in my root ZFS pool. I did, however, think that configuration
this was supported. Am I mistaken?