Re: boot error: zfs + luks + grub

From: James
Subject: Re: boot error: zfs + luks + grub
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 23:07:52 -0400

Thanks Andrei -- I sincerely appreciate all of your help.

I attempted to install grub with the --disk-module=native flag. Here's the
output:

error: no device connected.
error: no device connected.
error: no device connected.
error: variable 'prefix' isn't set.
error: PATA passthrough failed.
error: no such cryptodisk found.
Entering rescue mode...
grub rescue> ls
(ahci5) (ahci4) (ahci3) (ahci2) (ahci1) (ahci0) (ata2) (proc)

It seems that grub detects all of the disks when I use the
--disk-module=native flag, but it does not seem to notice that these disks
are encrypted.

I've slightly modified my partition tables to simplify the process, so the
output from BIS script: http://pastebin.com/raw/gVF6Fep2

Hopefully I'm missing something completely obvious.