Re: Unknown command 'else'?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Unknown command 'else'?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:28:21 +0300

19.09.2015 03:14, Steven Shiau пишет:
Since this "subtle" embedded preconfig way works, and the efi image file
created by grub-mkimage is smaller than that of grub-mkstandalone (my
case is 0.9MB vs. 6MB),

grub-mkstandalone creates full-fledged GRUB install on internal memory disk, which includes fonts, themes, translations. You can skip them (--locales= --fonts= --themes=) which cuts down image size to about 2MB. You can further selectively include only specific modules (--install-modules) but is it really worth it? More than once I have met problems with vendor signed EFI images that do not support module loading and every time commands I would use to troubleshoot were not present.