Re: error: disk lvmid/... not found Entering rescue mode...

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: error: disk lvmid/... not found Entering rescue mode...
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:29:10 +0300

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Jelle de Jong
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I simplified the config a bit for better debugging. It is one USB stick now.
>
> /dev/sda is the debian system that I boot from and chroot and debootstrap.
>
> I do this process on the ML110G7, the resulting USB stick will boot on
> Z600 system but not on the sytem that I created it on the ML110G7.

Just to be sure - did you try to boot on ML110G7 or on Z600 first?
Just to exclude that booting once sets some flag on degraded MD raid
that GRUB does not like?

> I tested the same config without using mdadm and the sytem booted up
> just fine, so something goes wrong with mdadm grub and/or the machine.
>
> http://paste.debian.net/284148/

This looks pretty much fine as far as grub is concerned. Could you try
in grub command line

set debug=diskfilter
ls