help-gnu-music

Re: HaraKiri in PianoStaff

From: John Galbraith
Subject: Re: HaraKiri in PianoStaff
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:36:37 -0600 (MDT)

   JG> warning.  However, the result is a *third* staff created, with the top
   JG> staff (the original one) forever empty for the rest of the score.  The
   JG> third staff is treble clef.

   \translator {
     \StaffContext
     \alias AuxillaryStaff
   }

   to the paper block so that "Staff" is aliassed as AuxillaryStaff and
   "AuxillaryStaff" is aliassed as Staff. This is far too hairy, and we should
   do something to fix it.
   However, I think it works.

Yeah, this works!  I still get the "not in family" warnings, but it
looks great just the same.  I agree that the input looks hairy now, but the
important thing is that lilypond can do it.  It is probably just a matter
of inventing the right mudela constructs that make it easier to program,
but still process it basically the same way (minus the warnings).
Hopefully that is all it will take, but Han-Wen may have something
different to say...

John