help-gnu-music

adjusting note spacing with lilypond 1.4

From: Robert A. Knop Jr.
Subject: adjusting note spacing with lilypond 1.4
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 23:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using lilypond 1.4, and believe that the default note spacing is
coming out a bit too dense.  (I find that the ease of sightreading music
is influenced greatly by the note spacing, and too dense music can make
sightreading much harder.)

How do I tell it to globally space the notes a bit more?  I've searched
lots of mailing list archives and web pages, and came up with the paper
parameters "arithmetic_basicspace", but those don't seem to work with
lilypond 1.4.  The reference manual online doesn't yeild any useful
information on the topic (or at least I haven't found it).

So how do I tell lilypond to space out the notes a bit more?

-Rob
address@hidden