help-gnu-music

Re: adjusting note spacing with lilypond 1.4

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: adjusting note spacing with lilypond 1.4
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 08:43:59 +0200

"Robert A. Knop Jr." wrote:

> How do I tell it to globally space the notes a bit more?  I've searched
> lots of mailing list archives and web pages, and came up with the paper
> parameters "arithmetic_basicspace", but those don't seem to work with
> lilypond 1.4.  The reference manual online doesn't yeild any useful
> information on the topic (or at least I haven't found it).

Yes it works, indeed. Don't know what you do wrong. Remember to use a
dash, not an underscore.

> So how do I tell lilypond to space out the notes a bit more?

Insert in your paper block:

    \translator {
       \ScoreContext
       SpacingSpanner \override #'arithmetic-basicspace = #3.0
    }

2.0 is default. The larger values, the wider score.

This only works if you don't have a ScoreContext translator in your
paper block already. If you do have that then insert the line in the
existing translator.

-Rune