Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 07:14:59 +0200

On 2020-05-29, at 13:51, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text
editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Here, we care about what CAT _can_ do. Keep a list of
> LOTR characters in a text file, send it by mail to
> fellow translators in ~/.mailrc, and expand abbrevs
> and snippet templates Emacs can already do, sorry.

Extremely inefficient, error-prone and irritating.  Again: CATs are
about automating reetitive things.

How would you expect people to know which mail contains which (version
of) the file?  How would you expect people to know which file (out of
several dozen or more) to look at to find something?  How would you
expect people to remember the names of the snippets?  Etc., etc., etc.

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
http://mbork.pl