Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 03:33:56 +0200

Can't we compile a list of what the commercial CATs
offer? M Helary and Mr Abrahamsen?

I'll read thru this thread tomorrow (today)
God willing but I don't understand everything, in
particular examples would nice to get the exact
meaning of the desired functionality...

With examples we can also see if Emacs already can do
it. And if not: Elisp contest :)

Some features are probably silly, we don't have to
list or do them, or everything in the CATs, just what
really makes sense and is useful on an
every-day basis.

When we are done, we put it in the wiki or in a pack.

We can't have that Emacs doesn't have a firm grip on
this issue. Because translation is a very common task
with text!

Also, let's compile a list of what Emacs already has
to this end. It doesn't matter if some of that stuff
already appears somewhere else, modularity is
our friend.

Pepp pepp :)

--
underground experts united