RE: How to see the raw line endings in a file?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to see the raw line endings in a file?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 12:20:25 -0700 (PDT)

> Is there a way in emacs where I can be sure that I see that the files
> have line endings of a particular form?

Eli has answered your question, I think.

Additionally, you can use command `hc-highlight-chars'
from library `highlight-chars.el' to highlight any set
of chars you like, in any face you like.

To highlight control chars newline (`C-j') and carriage
return (`C-m'), you type `C-q C-j C-q C-m'.

With a prefix arg the command unhighlights.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/highlight-chars.el

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ShowWhiteSpace#HighlightChars