How to see the raw line endings in a file?

From: Steinar Bang
Subject: How to see the raw line endings in a file?
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 18:47:25 +0200

Is there a way in emacs where I can be sure that I see that the files
have line endings of a particular form?

Ie. DOS style cr lf or unix-ish style with just lf?

I'm normally looking for emacs telling me with a "DOS" in the status
line, that a file actually has cr lf line endings.

But now I have some files with no "DOS" in the status line where weird
stuff is happening:
 1. Everytime I do something with the maven-release-plugin on this
    project, line endings are messed up (most of the lines, but not all,
    get cr lf)
     https://github.com/steinarb/authservice
 2. When I have googled I haven't found any relevant matches.  The only
    matches have been when trying to run releases on Windows, where one
    of the suggestions have been "do the release in a GNU/linux VM"
 3. However, I do the releases on debian GNU/linux

My conclusion from that is that there is something weird with the line
endings on my project's pom.xml files.  However, if that is the case,
then emacs is hiding the issues from me.

So I'm looking for a way to track down any line ending issues in a
file.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

- Steinar