Re: New PR ID needed after inserting through GNATSD ..

From: Mike Hoolehan
Subject: Re: New PR ID needed after inserting through GNATSD ..
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:39:57 +0200

I maintain a perl module for communication with the gnats daemon.  I
originally intended to do the same thing as you for my "submitPR" method
(i.e. return the PR Number of the newly created PR) but instead decided
only to return true/false (depending on success/failure).  As far as I
know, since gnatsd doesn't supply the information on PR creation, the
only way to reliably get the PR number of a new PR is to query again for
the exact same criteria.

I left it up to my user to find the PR number of his/her new PR.

Mike