Login error while using Gnats4.0

From: Chandra Ramesh
Subject: Login error while using Gnats4.0
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:44:25 +0530

Hello,

        We are using Gnats 4.0 on Redhat linux 7.3. We are also using the web interface files gnatsweb.pl
        along with gnats.pm.

        The very first time itself, when I give the URL of the gnats web interface, it is coming out with the
        following error:

                "GNATS server cannot read the index".

        How do I solve this? As for as the instructions, the "index" file gets created when we file the first PR.
        But even before it why is it searching for the index file? There is an empty index file created during the
        installation under ../gnats-adm directory.

        I have followed the instructions and ceated the database and the edited the corresponding configuration files.
        I am running the "gnatsd" daemon thro' xinetd. Please let me know what mistake I have done and how do I rectify
        the above error.

Thanks and REgards,
Ramesh Chandra