Re: gnats/303: GNATS 4.0 Makefile Error

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: gnats/303: GNATS 4.0 Makefile Error
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:11:29 +0100

At 13:00 30.11.2001 +0100, Milan Zamazal wrote:
> [...]

    ko> I get an error saying that -o is an illegal option for yacc.

Would anyone complain if we solved the problem by documenting that Bison
and Flex are needed for complete GNATS rebuilding?  Trying to support
all the proprietary versions of yacc and lex seems to be a useless
effort to me.  I think it's not necessary, since the tarball will
contain the generated *.c files, with a proper time stamp.  People
interested in development can install Bison and Flex easily.

Agreed. Time spent solving this would surely be better spent on all the other small things that's holding up 4.0. Let's worry about this limitation after 4.0.

- Yngve