Re: configuring audit trail?

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: configuring audit trail?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 21:04:31 +0100

At 11:45 30.11.2001 -0800, Dave Allen wrote:
I would like to do this now, without making my company upgrade to
beta gnats 4.  If I understand, I could do what I want with
gnats 3 by changing only gnatsweb?  Can you point me at a place
in the code to get started?  I've never looked at the gnatsweb
code, but I am OK at perl.

Actually, the Audit-Trail code in Gnatsweb is an area which I have hardly ever touched myself. Looking at it now, it appears that you'll hardly have to make any changes at all. Look at the definition of the fieldnames hash starting at line 2761 in the gnatsweb.pl of 2.9.3. It seems to be enough simply to add the $AUDITINCLUDE flag to the field(s) you want to have tracked by the audit trail.

Please let me know how this turns out.

- Yngve