Request for help with PR gnats/181 (Solaris)

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Request for help with PR gnats/181 (Solaris)
Date: 27 Oct 2001 21:02:55 +0200

There is something weird with the CHDB command on Solaris:

  200 hurre.clustra.com GNATS server 4.0-alpha ready.
  DBLS
  301 List follows.
  support
  helpdesk
  .
  CHDB support
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'helpdesk'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'
  CHDB support
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'support'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'
  CHDB helpdesk
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'support'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'
  CHDB helpdesk
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'helpdesk'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'
  CHDB support
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'helpdesk'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'
  CHDB helpdesk
  210-Now accessing GNATS database 'helpdesk'
  210 User access level set to 'edit'

See the PR gnats/181 for more details.

I couldn't find the bug reading the sources and an "off-line debugging"
didn't help either.  I suspect the problem might indicate some pointer
bug.

I don't have an access to a Solaris, so I can't debug it.  Could someone
capable of C debugging try to identify the problem, please?
Alternatively, if nobody can debug it, would it be possible to set up a
temporary account with a GNATS installation and the bug present for me
(but please note I access Internet through dial-up)?

If you want to debug the problem, you can focus on the function
findOrLoadDatabase in gnats/database.c.  The bug shouldn't be hard to
find in a debugger.

Thanks for assistance.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to tell
which one the idiot is.                       -- Bruce Perens in debian-devel