Re: Announcing gnatsweb 2.9.2

From: Kim Andersen
Subject: Re: Announcing gnatsweb 2.9.2
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 00:29:27 +0200

Hi Yngve,

Nice work.
I'm constantly "hacking" around in the presentation part of gnatsweb, as
I believe the form
can be more effectively presented (at least in our environment, and for
our usage)

I'd like to see some of my changes in the official gnatsweb, so I can
get rid of a little of my
workload.
Either by providing my changes (or whatever subset we can agree on), or
helping in making *MUCH* more
of the form controllable by site_callbacks.

I'm attaching my current layout for the "New Problem Report" - equal
changes has been done to the
editing form.
Also my "Main" page, which convinently provides the basic searching in
the reports that most of
my users like to see.

Let the critisizm roll :-)

regards
kim

PS.
The "Looping Status Window" pops up a new window. This window is being
updated every 5minutes to
show reports entered/modified within last 24 hours.
The "Search" part uses glimpse/swish for doing full-text indexing of the
reports.

Yngve Svendsen wrote:

> A new release of Gnatsweb is available for download. The version number is
> 2.9.2 and this is a minor bug-fix release.
>
> Gnatsweb 2.x won't work with the upcoming Gnats 4. Versions working with
> Gnats 4 will have version numbers starting with a '4'. Patches and
> contributions for version 2.x are still welcome, but further 2.x releases
> are unlikely.
>
> The Gnatsweb 2.9.2 distribution (65 kB) is available at
> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gnatsweb/ immediately. Below is the entry for
> 2.9.2 in the NEWS file of the distribution. For details, see the ChangeLog
> file.
>
> Changes from 2.9.1 to 2.9.2
> * Workaround for an age-old stupid, stupid, stupid Netscape bug, in
>    which the back arrow is broken after submitting a new PR or an
>    edited PR.
> * Use the $include_audit_trail variable to choose view command for the
>    PR number links in query results.  This was mistakenly left out in
>    2.9.1.
> * Documentation polished.
>
> Yngve Svendsen
> Gnatsweb maintainer

Supermax E-CAD GNATS Database

New Problem Report:

Problem Number:

Query Problem Reports:

Category: all devchange doc dev90 dev80 dev63 devnt unrep ipl ipl9 ipl8 ipl7 ipl6 ipl5 ipl4 ipl3 ipl2 ipl1 3part misc edabug pending
Responsible: all doc dev qa sup gfm jat kim leg lkh lob rr per ahe bsh tho rop mnm til jem alro qa80 qa70 qa622 qa621 qa62 qa61 qa611 qa603 qa602 qa601 qa6 qa513 qa512 qa511 qa51 qa5 qa404 qa403 qa402 qa401 qa4 qa31 qa301 qa3 qa22 qa21 qa2 qa1 gnats-admin
Severity:allcriticalseriousnon-critical
Priority:alllowmediumhigh
State:allopenanalyzedsuspendedfeedbackclosed
Ignore Closed
Class:allsw-bugdoc-bugsupportchange-requestmistakenduplicate
Arrived After Date:Modified After Date:Closed After Date:
Arrived Before Date:Modified Before Date:Closed Before Date:

Fields to include in report
categorystateclassseveritypriorityresponsiblesubmitteroriginatorsynopsis

The search text can be any number of words, combined with AND - OR - NOT. Words can contain wildcard(s).
The search is done in an index file that is being updated every hour

Indexing all reports currently takes appx. 4 minutes on mjolnir-ws.

Supermax E-CAD GNATS Database

New Problem Report:

How-To-Repeat:
Fix: