Re: Gnatsweb / passwords

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb / passwords
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 10:52:16 +0200

At 09:52 02.07.2001 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
While we're still talking about passwords, will it be possible for those
of us using apache+ssl to bypass the gnatsweb login process completely?
(Since they would have already done an apache login).  I feel lame about
asking for what could be such a trivial mod, but then I'm a Python &
Java person and lack any Perl ability. <:)

Yes. We have a monster patch ready for Gnatsweb 4.x which will be applied by the end of this week, and this version will be able to use the "remote user" parameter set at browser login. You'll just need to set a single config parameter at the start of the Gnatsweb script. However, I am not planning to backport this to version 2 of Gnatsweb, so you'll need to jump up to GNATS 4 in order to use the new Gantsweb. Backporting would probably not be hard (I don't quite remember exactly what the patch does wrt. this), but I try to use the spare cycles I have to help getting GNATS 4 out of the door.

- Yngve