Re: gnats/133

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: gnats/133
Date: 09 Apr 2001 20:38:08 +0200

    SP> Yes (2.7beta). In my case, there is always a core file (gnatsd)
    SP> that is left behind. My suspicion is that the lock file is not
    SP> removed because gnatsd crashes.

This is very likely the cause of the problem!

Unfortunately, GNATS is not rock stable (applies to both 3.113 and 4).
Fortunately, most GNATS crashes are easy to spot (though not necessarily
easy to fix).  If you have got the core file and you compiled GNATS with
`-g', you can examine it in the following way:

  $ gdb /usr/local/bin/gnatsd core
  (gdb) where

This prints out the stack trace.  I'm interested in all crash traces
generated by recent GNATS CVS versions.

Milan Zamazal

--
http://www.zamazal.org