Re: installing gnatsweb

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: installing gnatsweb
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:32:02 +0200 (CEST)

On 8 Apr 2001, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>> I do hope we can have some GNATS 3.99 (or even 4.0) soon,
> Please do not expect "soon" for GNATS 4 beta being less than three
> months.  That value is optimistic, assuming nothing bad happens.

Of course, even three months would be nice for a release process to start.

What would be very useful, for many users but also developers, would be
some development version that we can more or less safely deploy on a
production system.

For example, gnatsweb in CVS currently does not work together with a GNATS
3.x server, so I cannot deploy (and such test) a current version of
gnatsweb on gcc.gnu.org. OTOH, having such a ``stable snapshot'' with
proper intstructions on how to migrate would allow us to update the GNATS
and gnatsweb installations on gcc.gnu.org.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" address@hidden http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/