Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK 4.61: thread local storage in Windows DLL

From: Heinrich Schuchardt
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK 4.61: thread local storage in Windows DLL
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:27:05 +0100

On 01/10/2017 01:00 PM, Andrew Makhorin wrote:
> Hi Heinrich,
>
>> A corrected patch is appended.
>
> Done. Please see an updated version here:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/noumenon/files/tmp/
> (Note that this is *not* an official release.)
>
> I included your code in src/env/tls.c. Also it seems to me that the
> error message issued by DllMain needs to be replaced with a clearer one
> like follows:
>
> "GLPK library used by this application requires TLS (Thread Local
> Storage) facility which is not supported by your version of MS Windows.
> You need to have MS Windows Vista or more recent version to run this
> application."

I would prefer to avoid abbreviations:

"The GLPK library called by this application is configured to use thread
local storage which is not fully supported by your version of Microsoft
Windows.\n
Microsoft Windows Vista or a later version of Windows is required to run
this application."

Best regards

Heinrich