[Help-glpk] Objective value issue

From: Mattia Buccarella
Subject: [Help-glpk] Objective value issue
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 17:20:51 +0200

Hello everyone,

my name is Mattia and I am using glpsol in the development of my master thesis in computer science.

I am writing to you all for something I could not find anywhere so far. When I use glpsol to solve my model (written in MathProg, with separate data input file), all the variables are configured properly as I expect (I am referring to a "dummy" input I use to verify the correctness of my model). Nevertheless, the value of the objective function is shifted and I get the following message:

Model has been successfully generated
glp_mpl_build_prob: row obje; constant term 84384 ignored
GLPK Integer Optimizer, v4.52
...etc...

Searching the web, I found somebody had a similar issue but it was not related to the objective function and also involved CPLEX (context very different from mine). Does anybody of you know what is happening? When I try to solve the model (same model, same input) with COIN-OR Cbc, through AMPL, it gives me the non-shifted value. Also, it does not tell me anything about constant terms in the function. Also, I checked again and again my objective function: all the terms are functions of some variable, so nothing is really constant in the calculation.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Goodbye.

--
Mattia Buccarella