Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Providing initial solution]

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Providing initial solution]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 11:49:03 -0500

Juan said he received a "segmentation fault" that is mostly likely due to the
use of memory in the basis factorization.  Providing an initial basis will cut
down the number of iterations, but I would think it would be highly unlikely to
cut down the memory requirements.

Juan - are you using the 64-bit or the 32-bit compilation?  If you're using the
32-bit, then maybe switching to the 64-bit might help if you have lots of
memory on your machine.

Otherwise, you may have to consider reformulation of your model or another
technique such as column generation.